Thursday 10 May – 4.30pm-6.30pm
Albury Public School Hall
David Street, Albury
Led by Gondwana Choirs conductor, Elizabeth Vierboom, this two hour workshop is for music specialist and non-specialist classroom teachers – if you and your class enjoy singing, you will love this session!
The workshop is NESA accredited, and will include:
• effective and fun vocal warm ups for all levels and abilities
• incorporating singing into your daily classroom activities and integrating songs across the curriculum
• singing games and activities that will lead to more confident voices (that sing in tune!)
• how to teach the songs to your class or choir so that they are ready for the Songfest Choir (and beyond!)
• a wealth of new repertoire that your students will love to sing and perform
Teachers will also receive a copy of the acclaimed Hooray For Song classroom resource book and CD, which includes a wealth of activities written by leading choral educators.
Elizabeth will lead you though selections from this repertoire, for you to teach your students so that they can come along for a weekend of fun and singing in the “Songfest Choir” on 23-24 June. At Songfest, your students will sing alongside the acclaimed Sydney Children’s Choir on their tour to Albury.
Registration $120: includes two hour workshop, plus Hooray for Song book and backing tracks (RRP $50) and Hooray for Song CD (RRP $30)
Register here. (Pay online by credit card, or request an invoice.)